Another year is behind us and it feels good, right? It should! This year was packed with awesome trends, blue and gray hues, metallic accessories, gold tones and so much more. How could we ever top that? Well, according to Zillow Digs -it’s time get rid of the mason jars, burlap accents and chalkboard paint because 2016 promises to be a great year in home decor. Get ready to re-invent yourselves and your home! Here is our list of this year’s Top 10 Home Decor Trends.
1. Colored Stainless Steel Appliances (Pictured above – KitchenAid, available at Sheely’s) Black stainless steel is causing a stir this year and we can see why! This sleek set gives depth to your kitchen rather than the basic shiny silver metal. According to Consumer Reports, the new appliance finish offers a sleek alternative that won’t smudge and KitchenAid calls the new material “a softer, warmer alternative to traditional stainless.”
2. Formal Dining Rooms – Instead of turning the dining room into a media room or home office, keep it formal for entertaining guests and spending time with family.
3. Electric and Infrared Fireplaces – New advances allow homeowners to have all of the perks of a fireplace without the smell, risk of fire and hassle of a traditional wood burning fireplace. Perfect for apartment dwellers!
4. Two-Tone Kitchen Cabinets – According to Houzz there’s no need to match all of your cabinets. Throw out all the old rules and mix white or neutral up top for a clean and timeless feel and go crazy with your lower cabinets by playing with various wood tones and darker colors. Be as adventurous with your cabinets as you would be with your cooking!
5. Artisan Craft Accessories – Hand-made and artisan craft pieces are big in home decor right now. From knit accessories and basketry to woodcraft and imperfect pottery. Be inspired by local and global finds. Don’t be afraid to mix and match your accessories with modern furniture.
6. Statement Mirrors in the Bathroom! – Say goodbye to the medicine cabinets and those boring sheets of glass and say hello to glamour! The sky is the limit when choosing your mirror as long as it’s as unique as you.
7. No More Technology in the Living Room! – Because technology is so prominent in our everyday lives, homeowners are creating relaxing retreats that are screen free. This allows for more uninterrupted family time and a place to calm the mind after a hard day’s work.
8. Art Deco Patterns and Shapes – Art deco is making a bold comeback this year with it’s trademark geometric patterns and honeycomb shapes. Find them anywhere from wallpaper to artwork and accessories. Check out this article from decoist.com for more inspiration.
9. Thick Wool Rugs – Thick wool and natural fibers are the texture to go for in 2016 for area rugs. The neutral hues create a perfect indoor /outdoor vibe and will soften bolder colors and statement accessories.
10. Functional Kitchen Islands – Combine style with function with a kitchen island that not only looks fabulous – but works as extra space for storage, cooking and entertaining in the kitchen.